5 Tips to Dominate the Real Estate Market
Wondering how to dominate the real estate market? First tip: stop obsessing over seasons. When buyers are truly ready to take this step, it doesn’t matter if it’s July or Thursday… they’ll take it. Your job is to make sure they’re taking it with you.
How to Dominate the Real Estate Market
Be The Expert
The reason people entrust their most significant transactions to a real estate professional is so they don’t have to keep up with the dynamic, fast-paced industry. It is your job to understand the market and continually hone your knowledge. How can you highlight your expertise? You probably do it without thinking when you are face-to-face with prospects, leads, and clients.
Make sure to convey the same sense of knowledge and professionalism in your marketing materials, web presence, social media profiles, and more. It’s also a great idea to back up any claims with data and marketing statistics related to your specific market, niche, and/or area, while providing insightful analysis.
Become a Marketing Machine
Marketing is one of the most important endeavors in which a real estate professional engages. This is your chance to raise awareness of your brand, increase name/brand recognition, build trust, and create a strong network.
Marketing is not something you do once in a while; it’s something you do continually. Work on your:
- Existing referral network. How can you leverage satisfied clients into referrals and potential new clients?
- High-quality leads. What is your customer acquisition cost (CAC)? How many leads does it take to close one deal, on average? You may need to increase your ad spend to generate more leads and clients.
- Cold calling skills. It’s not the easiest part of the job, but it can yield fruit.
- Marketing assets. Do you have eye-catching direct mailers? Business cards? Open house signs? Name riders? Now is the time to invest in yourself and your business.
Create a Compelling Digital Presence
Are you online? Your prospects, leads, and clients are. Ninety percent of home buyers use the internet as one of their primary sources of research, and 52% make it their first stop when searching for a home. A strong digital presence is a must, starting with a great website. “Musts” include:
- Easy navigation
- Helpful information and resources
- Compelling images and videos
- Clear and concise writing
- Easy contact forms
- Live chat (this is increasingly moving from a “nice to have” to a “must have”
- About page that captures your expertise
- Testimonials from satisfied clients
- Recently closed transactions (success stories!)
- Follow Us buttons for Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Speaking of social media: yeah, you need to be there too. Depending on your target demographic, the platform will change. What will not is the necessity of being there, guiding the conversation, raising brand awareness, and keeping your name top of mind.
Become the Best Tour Guide
Your knowledge of the real estate market in general, and of the local market in particular, is crucial. You have it - so why not leverage it for all it’s worth? Creating local content helps establish you as the trusted guide for homebuyers in your area. Try:
- Featuring local businesses in your blog
- Highlighting local events
- Sharing “Best Of” lists for services, amenities, restaurants, etc.
- Emphasizing special or unique features of your area
- Interviewing clients who have moved to the area (and love it!)
- Featuring a local or school sports team or club
Real estate content is sought-after and helpful. And the more localized the content, the better. This will also help you when it comes to your position in the search engine results pages.
Connect with Homes & Land
As a real estate professional, you know how important it is to utilize every resource at your hands. Homes & Land offers innovative solutions that highlight your listings and help you generate even more. You will be able to connect with prospects and clients directly - and without the interference of other competitors vying for their attention.
Ready to learn more - and to dominate the real estate market? Start here.